The Prep Room
While there are exceptions, most referees can’t run a game “off the cuff”; they need to prepare things in advance. The Prep Room is all about that advance preparation—from creating or kitbashing miniatures and dioramas to designing floor plans and deck plans to recipes for snacks for during play, or for a mid-session break to … well, whatever it is that you decide you need to do before your group gathers and you start pulling out character sheets and dumping bags of dice onto the table.
- Modifying Miniatures for Traveller (Robert DeVoe) When you can't find the right miniature, sometimes you can 'fix' one.
- Scratchable Game Maps (Michael Barry) Low-tech solutions for concealing information.
- Getting Started with Miniatures (Robert DeVoe) Some sources of miniatures, and some tips for getting started on painting them.
- Encyclopaedia Galactica (William Johnson) Collecting and organizing background info into an explorable universe.
- Designing Basic Careers for Classic Traveller (Jeff Zeitlin) Not just a grab-bag of skills
- Building an Adventure (Jeff Zeitlin) Adventures are more than tasks and dice rolls.
- Props (Timothy Collinson) A sampler/overview of adding verisimilitude through props.
- System Generation/Adaptation From ACCRETE (Ken Pick) Adapting systems built by a "realistic" program to Traveller