The Lab Ship is an area for "pure science" articles that may be of interest to Traveller referees looking to make their campaign universes more realistic. Where the author provides examples of applications of the information, those examples will be included, but referees should not expect ready-made campaign worlds, societies, equipment, or the like - just an understandable (hopefully) explanation of How Things Work, so that campaign development need not suspend too much disbelief.
- Gas Giants (Ken Pick) A detailed description of Gas Giants and some alternative rules for generating them and using them in campaigns.
- Gravity and Acceleration (Robert O'Connor) An attempt to cover the effect of varied gravitation, acceleration protection (and its lack) on characters.
- Variable Stars and Dwarfs: An Overview For Non-Astronomers (Mark McCabe) Stellar classification is more than just color and brightness.
- Planetology (Thad Coons) This series looks at "building" environments, plants, and animals, focusing on the processes needed for life and their capabilities and limitations.
- Medicine In Traveller (Robert O'Connor) A more realistic treatment of various aspects of medicine.
- Xenobiology 101 (Robert O'Connor) This series looks at "building" environments, plants, and animals, focusing on the processes needed for life and their capabilities and limitations.
- Atmospheres (Robert O'Connor) Common atmospheric components and their effects