Built by the IISS for exploration, survey, courier and scouting duties. Surplus type S vessels are often "leased" to retired scouts. Many have been modified for mining and prospecting duties.
During time of war the IISS works with the IN. Type S scouts may be found deep behind enemy lines gathering information. Usually the vessels will work in squadrons of 3 to 6 ships. Utilizing the collapsible tanks for a second Jump 2 still leaves room for nearly 9 months of stores. With its hold packed full of stores it need not be resupplied for nearly 3 years.
The humble type S has garnered more decorations per ton than any other class ship since the pacification campaigns.
- Craft ID
- Type S Scout, TL 15, 37.047 Mcr, Quantity discount 29.638 MCr
- 90/225, Disp=100, Config=1Sl, Armour=40G, Loaded=1166.191, Unloaded=854.148
- 3/6, Fusion=864 Mw, Duration=30 days, Scoops, Purifiers 6 hr. ExtEnd excludes: (1g), Weapons=106 days
- 3/6, Jump=2, 5/10 Maneuver=2G, Agility=3
- Radio=System x 1, Laser=System x 1
- A-EMS (FrOb) x 1, P-EMS (IntStlr) x 1, Hi-Pen Densinometer(1 Km) x 1, Neutrino(10 Kw) x1
- Sensor scans: AOS=R AOP=R POS=R POP=R PES=S PEP=R
- 1 Hardpoints, 0 Occupied, Batteries Bearing 100%
- 1 dtons reserved for armament
- Def DM= 4
- Computer=Model 1bis x 3, Panels=Holographic Linked x 180, HUD holo x 2
- Crew=3 (Bridge=2 Engineering=1), Staterooms=4, Env=basic env, basic ls, extended ls, grav plates, inertial comp, Airlocks x 2
- Air/Raft x 1 (4 dton TL15)
- Cargo=276.1 Kl/20.4 tons, EMLevel=Faint, Fuel=514 Kl/38 tons, ObjSize=Average, Collapsible tanks=202.5 Kl/15 tons(70.9 Kl/5.4 tons cargo remaining) Ram time= 1.9 hours+0.8
3.1 Manhours daily maintenance is required. Logistics 8 Kl/month