Less Dangerous Game
It is often said that man - or, in this case, the sophont being - is the most dangerous game one can find oneself in a confrontation with. This section, as its title implies, contains information on less dangerous game for the player-characters to confront.
- Bezel-De (Bill Cameron) Kill it on sight - but will you see it in time?
- Bughunter (Martin Carter) Less dangerous, more annoying
- Damnthing (Scott Diamond) An encounter with this fish had better not be a CASUAL encounter...
- Devil Squirrel (Scott Diamond) The mob is poisonous.
- Dombrowski's Lion (Scott Diamond) Seen or unseen, an undesirable encounter
- Four From the Jungle (Timothy Collinson) Birds, bugs, and vegetation
- Grass Manta (Scott Diamond) An amphibious apex predator with the ability to fly.
- Harpooner (Scott Diamond) A predator less dangerous to humans than its prey
- Jump Remora (Timothy Collinson) Ships claim to encounter them in jump, but what are they?
- Korvan Puma and Korvo Cat (Ken Pick) The Pet of Kings
- Marsh Animals (Scott Diamond) From the aggressive to the inoffensive
- Plain Mental (Timothy Collinson) Four animals from the plains - three of which have psionic ability
- Podge (Scott Diamond) Domesticated, a wonderful pet. Undomesticated, don't mess with them.
- Eightball Puppeteer (Scott Diamond) Luring its prey into its clutches in a most sophisticated way
- Red Spiny Runner (Sarah and Scott Diamond) Sought for both pets and painkillers
- Sargmay (Benedikt Schwarz) An attractive not-a-bird.
- Spindizzy (Scott Diamond) Floating gasbags with a sting
- Victoria Glider-Wolf (Scott and Sarah Diamond) If your prey flies, shouldn't you?